American Tactical Training Academy
19 Lower Hudson Avenue
Green Island, N.Y.
Contact the School Director for details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preregistration is required
American Tactical Training Academy is a premier training facility for Armed and Unarmed security professionals. We offer DCJS certified courses from expert instructors. American Tactical is the perfect choice for those searching for a new career as well as currently licensed Security Guards needing to complete their annual certification requirements. Our Security Guard School Director is a DCJS Certified Master Firearms Instructor with over 20 years of law enforcement training experience.
Our modern classroom and indoor firearms training facility is located in Green Island, N.Y. just off I787.
DCJS Approved Security Guard School
The New York State Department of Criminal Justice Services - Office of Public Safety provides administrative oversight for mandated security training and approves security guard training schools. American Tactical Training Academy has been approved to provide individuals and Security Guard employers the necessary training mandated by the state to obtain and maintain employment as a Security Guard.
State-of-the-art Indoor Range
Our 25-yard indoor range offers environmentally comfortable surroundings with moving targets and all the amenities it takes to create an excellent learning and practice environment for the armed security professional.
Tactical Training Area
American Tactical is equipped with a separate training area apart from the divided lanes to better serve the trainee in learning and practicing more realistic tactical scenarios.
Our Course Offerings:
D.C.J.S. Mandated for Security Guards
Training Requirements for all Security Guards
- 8 Hour Pre-Assignment Training- A general introductory course. You must complete this course and submit a copy of the certificate issued to you with your security guard application.
- 16 Hour On-The-Job Training (OJT) - A course relevant to the duties of guards, requirements of the work site, and the needs of the employer. You must complete this training within 90 days of employment as a security guard.
- 8 Hour Annual In-Service Training - This course must be completed each calendar year you hold a security guard registration. Your registration is issued for two years, therefore, you must complete two 8 Hour Annual In-Service training courses within your registration effective and expiration dates to be eligible for renewal.
Additional Training Requirements for Armed Security Guard
- 47 Hour Firearms Training - You must possess a valid NYS Pistol Permit and security guard registration to enroll in this course. Upon successful completion of this course, submit a copy of the certificate with your application for an armed guard registration upgrade.
- 8 Hour Annual Firearms Training - This course must also be completed each calendar year you hold an armed security guard registration. Your registration is issued for two years, therefore, you must complete two 8 Hour Annual Firearms training courses within your registration effective and expiration dates to be eligible for renewal.
- American Tactical offers many other private and group firearms training courses that are not mandatory, but beneficial to the trainee in their decision making and tactical responses to situations.
Our Expert Instructors
The instructors at American Tactical are all DCJS certified instructors and are current or retired Law Enforcement Officers with several years of real-life experience to give you and your employees a more practical and realistic education to meet the demands of the security and public safety careers of today.
Contact us today to register for your class (518) 274-1911